Chef Juanjo Sales and Pobill Ecològics join forces with a new recipe, Pig’s trotters with black beer sauce and pumpkin cream. You will lick your fingers!
But, who is Juanjo Sales? From Pobill Ecològics we can say that he is a self-made man. He has always liked cooking since he was very young. But it wasn’t until he was older that he decided to train in his passion. The day he made the decision to change course in his life, there was no way back.
Juanjo Sales, between experience and training
He studied the Cooking and Gastronomy and the Higher Degree in Kitchen Management in Benicarló. He also learned Bakery, Brioxeria and Artisan Breads with Carlos Morente and Toni Ávila, and took the Teaching Course for Professionalzs
In addition, he has worked in leading restaurants such as the restaurant with two Michelin stars L’Escaleta in Cocentaina, or Rubén Miralles in Vinaròs, where he spent 4 years. It was in this last establishment, together with the team, that they were finalists in the Sóller Gamba Competition or finalist in the King Prawn Competition of Vinaròs. While studying, he also received recognition at the Benicarló Artichoke Competition.
Passion for gastronomy
Dedication, effort and enthusiasm are, according to us, the essential ingredients to do what you like the most. It was at the Christmas Fair in Càlig 2022 when we joined their hands and creativity with Pobill Ecològics products. With them he made magic that did not leave the palate indifferent. Today we bring you this delicious recipe: Pig’s trotters with black beer sauce and pumpkin cream. Let’s get on with it!
Ingredients for 4 people
- 4 pig’s trotters, cleaned and split
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 garlics
- 1 medium onion
- Fried corn
- EVOO powder Pobill Ecològics
- Pickled corn
Ingredients for stout cream sauce
- 300ml of black beer
- 100 g of brown sugar
- Two cloves of garlic
- A medium tomato
- A medium onion
- 50 ml of extra virgin olive oil Pobill Ecològics
Ingredients for pumpkin cream
- A dry onion
- 500 grams of pumpkin
- 500 ml of vegetable broth
- 125ml coconut milk
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cm fresh ginger
Preparation of the pumpkin cream
- Peel the onion, cut it into cubes and cook over medium heat in a saucepan with olive oil until golden.
- Add the minced garlic and ginger and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the peeled and chopped pumpkin and leave for a few minutes until they begin to take on a golden color.
- Pour in the vegetable broth to cover the pumpkin, cover and cook over low heat until the pumpkin is tender.
- Blend the cream and return to heat, adding the coconut milk. Adjust the taste, adding salt if necessary, and more fresh ginger if desired.
Preparation of the crafting pig’s trotters
- Clean the pig trotters well and cook them with onion and bay leaf.
- Bone all the pig trotters and place the meat in a square container. When finished, refrigerate and put weight on top so that it is compact.
Once cool, dice and brown before serving.
Preparation of the stout cream sauce
- Peel and wash the onion and garlic. Cut them into small cubes and reserve in separate containers.
- Wash the tomato, carefully remove the seeds and also proceed to cut into very small pieces.
- Heat a small saucepan and add the olive oil. Sauté the onion and, after a minute and a half, add the garlic.
- Continue cooking for one minute and add the tomato. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the 300 ml of black beer into the casserole along with the other ingredients. Move with a wooden spoon so that all the ingredients are integrated. Add the 100 gr of brown sugar and continue mixing.
- Cook for ten minutes or until the alcohol in the beer has evaporated.
At the base of the dish we put the pumpkin cream, add the pig’s trotters, decorate with marinated corn, black beer sauce and “Pobill Ecològics” EVOO powder.